Skip to main content

The Balance Act!



We all have certain hackneyed phrases that make us, want to tear our hair. I do have one, “You have to balance my dear". Well, I can definitely relate to something like a controlled behaviour, but the act of balancing somehow never seemed comprehensive and perhaps, will never appeal to me in future as well. It certainly helps you get the title of a well balanced woman/man in the eyes of the society. However, I feel the need to be the saviour of this society and family that has unflattering and curbing rules is the easiest way to be a victim of “Flush yourself" syndrome. My intention here is not to sound like an anti- social body, but to raise my vote for an eclipsed behaviour rather than a guilt-tripping one because if you are not yourself you are in disguise. 

There are so many times when you just want to say and do things the way you actually feel, but the same never gets vocal or applied for the greater good (at least that is what most of the diplomats feel), because in my opinion minds that can both forget and forgive hardly coexist. You'll either have some to taunt about the bygones or some who tend to cut you off if they cannot let go of certain incidents. I think the balancing act is the biggest irony of life, for I still fail to understand if it is a threat to freedom or tact to lead a life free of oppositions. The juxtaposed thought arises because we often come across people who believe in saying yes to everything and everyone and mutely carving their ways to get what they want plus it works magically. 

On the other hand, we have people who just burst out and don't balance their nice and not so nice words and this works only when their planetary positions are favourable. Sometimes, I also feel that most of the women do the balancing act to woo men because you strangely come across as a sexy woman when you confuse people and men are rare too who can fearlessly flaunt their extreme thoughts. Somewhere, we give up being ourselves because we are tired, irritated and more dangerously convinced. 

This post is for all the free-spirited people who feel freedom is like oxygen and need a lungful of it each time they breathe, but realign their thoughts with "Ifs and Buts" subconsciously and most of times consciously. Then, manifesting things conveniently to fit into a bunch of society saviours who write blogs whenever their frustrations have overflown and settled.

Finally a demonstration to demonstrate the consequence of an unbalanced diet.

Left brain- You have to voice your opinion; else they will take you for granted.

Right brain- You need to be a little submissive. Simple things can get complicated. Calm down and think with a cool head. Somebody has to lose.

Midbrain- Draw a line. Do not give up on your dreams, but prioritise! 

&....What do you wanna do?
...
...
...
....
....
I actually wanna take a dump because I had too much food thinking what to do!!!

Comments

  1. agree wid d pt...wil opt 4 X..n ths people also hav 2 understand if d other fellow is nt saying anythng it doesnt mean he/she cant say anythng...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me...

I am curious, tell me everything about thee, an open book I am, you may say I wonder, even an open book has shallow words, spilled rather carelessly, or done willfully I will never know, for you are the master of your secrets I am curious, to know the real thee, who are we really without these secrets? a bunch of lies? you may ask the whys and wherefores  or even dismiss my quest, none of my business you see business is what I bleed at! after devouring everything that you have said, I still look beseechingly at thee, like I am gazing into the infinity of secrets, just to be free from the quest! Inversely, I sense you fighting too covering every chink in your armour to say nothing or to bare it all captivating they are, food for the soul too, you might even take them to your grave! I may say as I please, in fact, you are brave! yet, I beseech you, tell me your secrets I am curious It is because I care, I will consider and cover! I can play with the words,  but truth be told, I am just c

One Hairy Day....

One thing that has remained constant among the world humans under this lockdown (forced & self) is their involuntary quest for both introspection and extrospection. Whether we want it or not, life has boiled down to the bare essentials even for the fortunate ones. while we women fight for equal treatment as that of our male counterparts, nature has done its bit in making us realise that women and men are just a few levels of androgen apart. All thanks to the salons being shut. Some of us who are not that good at DIY techniques can give a complex to the males in the locked house with our bushy eyebrows, noticeable moustaches and a dash of beard. Among the thousands of forwards being forwarded during this lockdown, there was one such forward that resonated with my current feeling. So, I too mindlessly forwarded the same to the other groups without knowing there would be a backlash by a man! Yes, a man stating that, I shouldn't be engaging in gender discrimination.  

Happy Ugadiiiiii

It is new year for kannadigas and if I am not wrong for Andhraites and Maharashtrians too... As a kid I used to be excited prior to almost all the festivals be it Sankranti, Ugadi, Deepavali or Ganesha-Gauri festival.Firstly, because there used to be a holiday and secondly because it was fun to go out for shopping with mum-dad to buy clothes (totally inappropriate for the occasions though). I strangely enjoyed and still do (unfortunately nobody believes me)joining my mum in cleaning up the house or in preparing some desserts that require heavy labour (holige, yallu-bella,etc). The best part of the festival day would be "meeting-the-bhai bhandus"! My dad is a firm believer in networking so he tried his best to enrich our social lives on those occasions( he has given up now!). He always says, 'you have to be amidst all kind of people (good, bad and humans) to know yourself better'. It made no sense to me then dad, but now I couldn't agree with you more. To be ho