Skip to main content

My happy place

 All I wanted was a balcony,

A perfect window to an epiphany 

A perfect envy to the onlookers too

A small desk with a seat, made of timber

Some plants , some wall art

That spoke of me

This person I was in private.

My kind of sundowner, this would be!

I waited for this place 

To unwind, to unfold my thoughts

For years,

All I wanted was a balcony 

My happy place!

While walking on that street 

from my childhood home

towards my dream home

That donned a balcony 

A resolve to all my quests

A perfect place to nurse my dreams

A sundeck with hues of dawn,

And moonlit ever and anon

All I wanted was a balcony 

Unbeknownst to the little me,

I now hang clothes in my balcony!

There is no timber, 

Only dreams that linger

All I want now is to go back to that street

And look for that balcony

Dreams can't be bought,

How timber-headed of me!

Afterall it's the chase,

My happy place,

Unbeknownst to the little me!



Comments

  1. Beautifully penned thoughts. I can resonate with every aspect. A balcony can be a perfect place to think, reminisce and reflect your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet and simple! I want the same balcony... that you have described so vividly and beautifully, your happy place, the spot to be yourself, and some childhood dreams must remain dreams, since they're more perfect in our mind than the clothes hanging in the balcony of reality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This took me back to my balcony days . Your words connect very well . Waiting for more !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally relate to this Shilpa! Loved how you have penned life’s simplest pleasures - “Me Time!” Keep writing 👍🏼

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me...

I am curious, tell me everything about thee, an open book I am, you may say I wonder, even an open book has shallow words, spilled rather carelessly, or done willfully I will never know, for you are the master of your secrets I am curious, to know the real thee, who are we really without these secrets? a bunch of lies? you may ask the whys and wherefores  or even dismiss my quest, none of my business you see business is what I bleed at! after devouring everything that you have said, I still look beseechingly at thee, like I am gazing into the infinity of secrets, just to be free from the quest! Inversely, I sense you fighting too covering every chink in your armour to say nothing or to bare it all captivating they are, food for the soul too, you might even take them to your grave! I may say as I please, in fact, you are brave! yet, I beseech you, tell me your secrets I am curious It is because I care, I will consider and cover! I can play with the words,  but truth be told, I am just c

Moral Flexibility;)

I really think "Moral flexibility" is one of the traits which need to be mentioned in my CV hereafter along with stuff like "Responsible", "Diligent", Blah blah.... My rules were very simple before I began working. You are bad- I am bad. You are good- I am very good (I get a little carried away ;-)). This was morality to me in its simplest form. It happened so that I applied for leave last week and I had mentioned the dates denoting my leave of absence(it summed up to a week including 2 Sundays and a Saturday). But, (The volatile rules of English allows the usage of conjunctions in the beginning of the sentences provided the strong requirement of the same is justifiable and this one surely is) my boss who is so used to me not applying for leave didn't happen to see the dates and he assumed that I am only going for 3 days alike most of them in my office who are all localities, damn it. Therefore, my leave was approved! Actually only my leave was appr